MANGIA’s recipe on how to prepare a Raspberry Tart.
Crust and Piping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup crumbled vanilla sponge cake
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
Raspberry Filling: (or use store bought jam)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- ½ – 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy in standing mixer, about 10 mins.
- Add eggs, almond flour, baking powder and vanilla extract, mix for another 5 mins.
- Separate the batter in two parts, mix half with the vanilla sponge cake and orange zest
- Press the batter and sponge cake mixture into tart tin with removable bottom, set aside.
- Place the rest of the batter into a pastry bag, set aside.
- Cook down the raspberries on a medium heat in a low sauce pan, add sugar to desired sweetness, add the cornstarch to thicken.
- Fill the tart tin with a layer raspberry filling and sprinkle the orange zest onto the filling.
- Use the batter in the piping bag to create a lattice design.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until crust is golden brown.