Make Mangia’s Favorite Cream Cheese Brownies
These fudgy chocolate brownies are swirled with cream cheese for a beautiful marbled look. But it doesn’t just look pretty—those swirls taste as rich and creamy as a classic New York-style cheesecake. It’s like getting two desserts in one!
Cream Cheese Brownies
Makes about 12 brownies
- 128 g. butter, melted
- 300 g. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 128 g. all-purpose flour
- 85 g. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 227 g. cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or coat with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and 256 grams of the sugar until smooth. Add three of the eggs and whisk until combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese with the remaining sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour ¾ of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Spread cream cheese mixture on top and then add the remaining batter on top in spoonfuls. Use a toothpick or fork to gently swirl the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before cutting into squares.