Mangia Pumpkin Cookies: These autumn inspired treats were designed with sharing in mind. They run the gamut in texture and the travel well. Perfect for the upcoming holiday gatherings or to be gifted in a Mangia box.
Recipe and instructions:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp instant espresso coffee powder or instant coffee crystals
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium 30 seconds. Add 2 cups of the sugar, the pumpkin, 1 tbsp espresso powder, the baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and 1/2 tsp of the pumpkin pie spice. Beat until combined. Beat in egg yolks and 1 tbsp of the cream. Beat in as much of the flour as you can, Stir in any remaining flour.
- In a small bowl stir together remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp espresso powder and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Place remaining 2 tbsp cream in another small bowl, Shape dough into 1-inch balls Roll balls in cream, then in sugar-spice mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.s
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes (cookies will fall and crackle as they cool). Remove; cool on wire racks.
Makes 68 cookies.
Love, Mangia xoxo