Try out our Penne with cherry tomatoes, spinach, ricotta cheese recipe!
Ingredients for gluten-free pasta:
- 1 pound gluten-free penne pasta
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, washed and halved
- 3 ounces ricotta salata, grated, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and return to cooking pot, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- While pasta cook, in a large skillet, heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add half the garlic and cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until the garlic is soft and lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Add half the spinach and cook until tender, about 1 minute. Transfer the cooked spinach to a bowl. Repeat with another tablespoon of olive oil, remaining garlic, and spinach
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, olives, and remaining olive oil to the pasta and stir to combine. If the sauce seems too thick, loosen it by adding pasta water a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. Add three-quarters of the grated ricotta salata. Stir to combine.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour pasta into a large serving bowl or spoon onto individual plates. Top the pasta with the remaining ricotta salata and basil.